Atlas warranty? [Archive] - BB.BC4x4.COM

: Atlas warranty?

rkjplt1
January 30th, 2010, 12:44 pm
I figure I'd ask in here because the guy's in here are most likely to break one.

Anyone had to deal with Advance on warranty for their Atlas?
Anyone have one apart before?

I need to get parts yesterday. I'm thinking I'm going to drive to their shop and get them to rebuild it and continue to KOH from there.

jeeponrock
January 30th, 2010, 12:50 pm
:cwm36:

I don't own one and haven't had one apart but every thing I've read says if you call them and explain the situation they will do their best to help.

If you need me to stop somewhere to pick up parts or if I can help let me know.

Wes Rempel
January 30th, 2010, 02:58 pm
I had some rusty internal threads on the shift rods. Came this way new, had major issue when installing the cable shifters. Sent me the wrong length bolts for the cable shift knobs. And sent the wrong bolts for the shifter pivots. PITA!

Their tech pretty much told me to pound sand. Got the impression that I should just be happy that I got one. I waited 3 months for the 4spd. I worked for a Chinese TV company with the same attitude.

I expected more from them.

Now the question

What did you break?

rkjplt1
January 30th, 2010, 04:03 pm
:cwm36:

I don't own one and haven't had one apart but every thing I've read says if you call them and explain the situation they will do their best to help.

If you need me to stop somewhere to pick up parts or if I can help let me know.

I think we're now planning on driving through Paso Robles on the way down. It's only 3 hours out of the way I think.

I knew someone was going to ask what I broke. :laugh

This is the intermediate high range gear. I'll hold my comments for after I talk to Advance on Monday.

SNORTclown
January 30th, 2010, 04:10 pm
I have done that drive... Broke mine in a comp.at JV drove to AA they fixed it.. (cost me 600 bucks) drove back wheeled for a week. they did all the work for me there while I waited. not a big deal. I would think they will help you out.. if they do not light them up on pirate.

Wil
January 30th, 2010, 06:39 pm
Dang, Curtis that is bad luck. One week before leaving! I'm sure everything will get worked out.

rkjplt1
January 30th, 2010, 06:48 pm
I have done that drive... Broke mine in a comp.at JV drove to AA they fixed it.. (cost me 600 bucks) drove back wheeled for a week. they did all the work for me there while I waited. not a big deal. I would think they will help you out.. if they do not light them up on pirate.

Good to know they are willing to help. I'm trying for warranty, but would understand if they didn't want to. It's not even a year old though.

Dang, Curtis that is bad luck. One week before leaving! I'm sure everything will get worked out.

Although it made me more than a little pissed off last night, I think it's a good thing. It would have really sucked to break it in the middle of the desert. This way I know it's going to be good. :)

I'm leaving Thursday, have you talked to Dave lately?

Wil
January 30th, 2010, 07:50 pm
Although it made me more than a little pissed off last night, I think it's a good thing. It would have really sucked to break it in the middle of the desert. This way I know it's going to be good. :)

I'm leaving Thursday, have you talked to Dave lately?

Yup, if it could of happened it was better now than during the race...that would have really sucked.

I talked to Dave last week.

HMFI
January 30th, 2010, 09:54 pm
I had issues with my Black Box from NW Fab. Something got missed or mixed up and output shaft wasn't the proper length. It hammered the snap ring out of the input bearing assembly of the Atlas and sent pieces through the gears, stamping the hardened snap ring into gear mesh shapes!!!!! ( I'm sure a cast iron housing would have grenaded, but the alum has some give to it) Then everything moved around and destroyed the input bearing housing.
NWF warrentied the Black Box but wouldn't cover the Atlas. Advance Adapters had new parts in my hand quicker than NWF could even fix the Box. I was happy with how fast I got the new housing even though I was out $300.
Atlas has been good for the last 1.5 yrs.

rkjplt1
February 1st, 2010, 06:19 pm
So no matter what Advance is going to help me out. In what capacity is yet to be determined. It would be alot easier if I could get it down to them for Friday morning. Probably won't happen if we're leaving the Lower mainland on Thursday.

On another note, is anyone interested in buying an Atlas 3.8, 32 spline outputs, DS drop, VSS no shifters after KOH? I can make them a smoking deal, I just need to borrow it for 1 race.:)

Big Country Customs
February 1st, 2010, 06:56 pm
if you t them to over night it i can grab it for you curtis across the border and you can throug it together at my shop in abby??? phone or pm me if you want to do that?

HMFI
February 1st, 2010, 07:02 pm
So no matter what Advance is going to help me out. In what capacity is yet to be determined. It would be alot easier if I could get it down to them for Friday morning. Probably won't happen if we're leaving the Lower mainland on Thursday.

On another note, is anyone interested in buying an Atlas 3.8, 32 spline outputs, DS drop, VSS no shifters after KOH? I can make them a smoking deal, I just need to borrow it for 1 race.:)

That one race = 10 normal races:finger_1:

:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh

Ya, maybe.

rkjplt1
February 1st, 2010, 08:48 pm
if you t them to over night it i can grab it for you curtis across the border and you can throug it together at my shop in abby??? phone or pm me if you want to do that?

Thanks, that's awesome. I'll let you know if I need to do this. They are talking like they want to rebuild it though, so they can document the failure.

MudKick
February 2nd, 2010, 09:44 am
Any word yet?

Will we be rebuilding it there or just installing?

rkjplt1
February 3rd, 2010, 12:01 pm
Any word yet?

Will we be rebuilding it there or just installing?

I'm picking up a brand new one on Friday night from the owners house.
We're swappng it down there and they are going to be pick up my broken one from the lakebed and rebuild it. They will ship it to me once it's done.

I consider this taking care of me as best as they could. In the time frame I gave them.

I have to buy the one so my old one will be for sale at the price the new one is going to cost me. It will be fully rebuilt and I won't be running it, so essentially brand new.

PM me if you're interested, the price is way to low to post.

MudKick
February 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
We're swappng it down there and they are going to be pick up my broken one from the lakebed and rebuild it.

OK. Easy enough! More wheeling time than :)

And I agree with the top notch customer service/support too.

I may ask you the price in person. I know you posted that bit for everyone to read but it tickled my intrest...

I will probably want to unload my D300 with 4:1 in it...

rkjplt1
February 3rd, 2010, 12:13 pm
OK. Easy enough! More wheeling time than :)

And I agree with the top notch customer service/support too.

I may ask you the price in person. I know you posted that bit for everyone to read but it tickled my intrest...

I will probably want to unload my D300 with 4:1 in it...

That's the most important part to me, I needed some more seat time to get a feel for the new suspension and changes.

Ask me for sure, you will likely end up picking it up for me to take to your house. :)

HMFI
February 3rd, 2010, 09:25 pm
We're swappng it down there and they are going to be pick up my broken one from the lakebed and rebuild it. They will ship it to me once it's done.

I consider this taking care of me as best as they could. In the time frame I gave them.

I have to buy the one so my old one will be for sale at the price the new one is going to cost me. It will be fully rebuilt and I won't be running it, so essentially brand new.

PM me if you're interested, the price is way to low to post.

Keep me in mind too, I will need another one soon, 3.8 would be a good one, 4.3 too low for what I want.

Good luck down there, eh/:beer_cheers:

Dan Martz
February 13th, 2010, 05:28 pm
so they gonna warrenty the new one too?

EHeye
February 15th, 2010, 11:12 am
Got foreshadowing?

damn.

HMFI
February 15th, 2010, 07:21 pm
Ya, I don't want it no more:finger_1:

Who woulda thought????:beer_cheers:

rkjplt1
February 16th, 2010, 11:36 am
I just talked to them today about it. I need to get the pictures out and see what they'll do.
But it will be fully rebuilt by them when I sell it. So basically brand new.

rkjplt1
March 3rd, 2010, 12:30 pm
So the original one is getting rebuilt and sent back for the 19th. The other pile of parts in still being debated. They think that when the front diff locked up it took out the t-case. I'm a little worried about this scenario. Although I was doing about 40 MPH when it locked up.

jeeponrock
March 5th, 2010, 06:18 am
What was the issue with the front diff? I remember it locking up again (still?) when we went to load up the buggy.

rkjplt1
March 5th, 2010, 08:35 am
The oil fell out of the front diff, causing the pinion bearing to burn up and break the gear set. It's pretty ugly.

HMFI
March 5th, 2010, 06:28 pm
Ok, how did the "oil fall out"? Sounds like you don't wanna talk about it.