KOH running order. [Archive] - BB.BC4x4.COM

: KOH running order.

DaveW
January 13th, 2010, 09:15 am
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=852388&page=2

Haven't seen it hear yet. Running order for KOH main race has two locals so far. Chris Pook is 74th and Curtis Warner is 80th.

Gonna be a blast down there.

Wil
January 13th, 2010, 01:27 pm
Wow you guys are going to be right in the chaos! How did they decide on starting order?

MudKick
January 13th, 2010, 03:15 pm
Yup, the two locals are too close for my comfort level. ..:popcorn

They need to keep the pride in check to ensure the end result does not suffer...

... rigth Dave?

jeeponrock
January 13th, 2010, 03:30 pm
All they need to do is worry about following Shannon Campbell. He's starting 72nd and since they let two at a time go out the gates he won't be that far ahead ;)

I'm sure Shannon will set a good pace for the Canadian teams :D

rkjplt1
January 14th, 2010, 10:11 am
Wow you guys are going to be right in the chaos! How did they decide on starting order?

Random draw live on PirateTV.

I hate starting late, wll the congestion,etc. Dave's got his work cut out for hime keeping me calm. hahah.

Can we wire in an ipod to the intercom?

Caswell
January 14th, 2010, 10:58 am
We've got at least one more local in LCQ...Mark Weel. I know at least one Alberta guy too...Joey Weber.

Starting position is random draw, with the 12 LCQ spots mixed into the draw. Makes it kind of interesting too, as finishing faster in LCQ doesn't necessarily get you a better starting position.

DaveW
January 14th, 2010, 10:58 am
Actually, Lil Rich was talking trash at PUSU so I'm only worried about following him. I want to throw something at him when we pass him, LOL.

Caswell
January 14th, 2010, 11:20 am
Actually, Lil Rich was talking trash at PUSU so I'm only worried about following him. I want to throw something at him when we pass him, LOL.

If I recall, 1L fluid jugs were popular last year :D

pook
January 14th, 2010, 06:48 pm
From what I've heard, this years course makes last years look like a nice easy sunday drive.

My goal above all else is to make it across the finish line :)

Wil
January 14th, 2010, 08:03 pm
The question is.... to catheter or not? :redneck

pook
January 15th, 2010, 03:29 am
The question is.... to catheter or not? :redneck

I've used them desert racing, some races we do, some we don't.

I have honestly never had to piss while in the car racing, but have taken a piss during a repair stop...

Long races like these you usually end up getting out at some point unless your kicking some serious ass, and in that case you'll be done before you need to piss. :D

If your going to use them get friendly with the razor, tidy stuff up and duct tape is your friend. Seriously.

MudKick
January 15th, 2010, 11:45 am
From what I've heard, this years course makes last years look like a nice easy sunday drive.

My goal above all else is to make it across the finish line :)

Glad to hear.

Perhaps this will keep Curtis little calmer. I know - its an oxymoron.

I'd hate to see the (healthy) rivalry between you (us) screw our collective chances of ultimate race finish....

:beer_cheers:

pook
January 15th, 2010, 12:13 pm
Glad to hear.

Perhaps this will keep Curtis little calmer. I know - its an oxymoron.

I'd hate to see the (healthy) rivalry between you (us) screw our collective chances of ultimate race finish....

:beer_cheers:

By the sounds of it thats all in your teams court.

Curtis is the least of my worries out there. :finger_1:

rkjplt1
January 19th, 2010, 01:50 pm
Curtis is the least of my worries out there. :finger_1:

You're right about that, I'll be too busy trying to chase Lil' down to worry about giving you a love tap. :finger_1:

pook
January 19th, 2010, 02:55 pm
Have fun chasing Lil' down. If they got his shocks tuned good its going to be tough in the desert sections to catch him.

rkjplt1
January 19th, 2010, 07:10 pm
Have fun chasing Lil' down. If they got his shocks tuned good its going to be tough in the desert sections to catch him.

That's not going to be an issue. He said he was going to pull over and wait. :laugh:laugh

DaveW
January 21st, 2010, 09:16 am
Anyone know how expensive an in car camera set up is? Would be cool to be able to post some vid of us hauling ass in the desert.

pook
January 21st, 2010, 10:18 am
GoPro's google it.

jeeponrock
January 21st, 2010, 12:38 pm
LOL I was thinking about picking up a GoPro and trying to talk you into mounting it incar :D

rkjplt1
January 21st, 2010, 02:31 pm
LOL I was thinking about picking up a GoPro and trying to talk you into mounting it incar :D

Sure, we better make sure it's bolted in good. My lunch is still out in the desert from last year.

jeeponrock
January 21st, 2010, 02:49 pm
Well it looks like I can get one for a reasonable price locally so I'm off to pick one
up.

Getting the HD version so we should be able to grab some nice footage. If you loose it in the desert your pit crew may end up loosening those link bolts instead of tightening them :clown

Edit - Got the camera. Looks like the mount is pretty good but I think a little speed tape will be good insurance. If it gets knocked off or falls off somewhere then so be it. Hopefully we get some good footage before it goes ;-)