LS gauges? [Archive] - BB.BC4x4.COM

: LS gauges?

TonkaToyKiller
October 18th, 2009, 10:30 am
Is there an after market digiital gauge display that plugs into the ODB com port? I'm being lasy. I though if I could install something simliar to my edge display it would make for a much cleaner and simple install.

pook
October 18th, 2009, 03:31 pm
Isn't Curtis running a single gauge that plugs in to the ODB port?

TonkaToyKiller
October 18th, 2009, 04:53 pm
Isn't Curtis running a single gauge that plugs in to the ODB port?

I belive so but I was looking for something that has a similar display set up to the Edge modual or larger. Curtis is hard for me to read. I'm blind!

pook
October 18th, 2009, 05:33 pm
$Mark has/had something in his buggy that came from a Boat I think, it was a bigger single programmable screen, but it needed sensors on the motor and stuff.

I know he had some issues with it not sure if they ever got resolved.

TonkaToyKiller
October 18th, 2009, 06:51 pm
http://www.auterraweb.com/dashdyno.html

Something like this with a larger screen.

TonkaToyKiller
October 18th, 2009, 07:47 pm
or this. Seems alot like my Edge display.

http://www.grimmperformance.com/market/MSD-Dashhawk-Monitor.html

Cheap as well.

rkjplt1
October 19th, 2009, 10:33 am
http://www.aeroforcetech.com/

This is what I'm running. It flashes red when somethings really wrong. I didn't want a huge screen. It is a little hard to read in the sun and doesn't like water at all.

TonkaToyKiller
October 19th, 2009, 12:16 pm
I found a system that plugs into the OBD port and has AV output jacks. You can run 1 or more screens at a time. There are some very cool gauges displays you can pick from. If I can find a water proof LCD monitor I might go that way. Or find some cheap car video sceens.
Weather proof seems to be the only issue at the moment. I've been poking around marine web sites but have not found anything yet.

rkjplt1
October 19th, 2009, 01:15 pm
Do Lowrance GPS's have video inputs?
That would be the cat's pajama's.

TonkaToyKiller
October 19th, 2009, 02:00 pm
Funny you should say that.
The system above that I mentioned, also has additional programing and can fuction as a GPS. So if you find say 2 weather proof LCD monitors for me I'd be set!

pook
October 19th, 2009, 04:42 pm
Funny you should say that.
The system above that I mentioned, also has additional programing and can fuction as a GPS. So if you find say 2 weather proof LCD monitors for me I'd be set!

Issue would be converting the files given by say Hammer King Prodcutions to whatever file type that system uses. Just make sure you have a laptop with you ready to convert them.

TonkaToyKiller
October 19th, 2009, 10:00 pm
Issue would be converting the files given by say Hammer King Prodcutions to whatever file type that system uses. Just make sure you have a laptop with you ready to convert them.

I sent an e-mail to them asking about what software they are using for the GPS. They do have a scan disk port built in. That is how I got the file from Dave last yr. I just need to know if it will be compatable with the Lowerance data software .

But I still have not found a weather proof monitor.