Comps? [Archive] - BB.BC4x4.COM

: Comps?

TonkaToyKiller
October 13th, 2009, 03:38 pm
What are you plans? Maybe we should make a list!
KOH is first on the list for me in the new yr.

Cody1771
October 13th, 2009, 04:27 pm
i was hopeing to head down to KOH as a spectator... and maybe a chance to play with my truck in the desert...

DaveW
October 13th, 2009, 07:22 pm
December 12/13, WE rock put up or shut up and hopefully qualify for KOH. If not LCQ KOH.

Curty and I have to talk, but thinking of running the WE Rock western series. I also see Hammer production is going to run a 4 event series as well that sounds killer. Lands End Hill Climb, BITD Silversate 300, Put Up or Shut Up and one I can't think of right now.

Also hit Rumble on the Rocks, Highriders Challenge as usual.

rkjplt1
October 13th, 2009, 09:12 pm
I'm thinking of commiting to the 4 event series.
Best of all the off road worlds.

DaveW
October 14th, 2009, 08:12 am
Dammit, I was tired last night. Other of the 4 is KOH. Sounds like a cool new series with lots of people involved. Hammerking productions is doing an awesome job marketing. Think it would be a great opportunity to get into this at it infancy, plus we will have ran two of the 4 this year anyway.

I'm thinking we should commit to it and WE-rock. Just have to talk with our bosses (wifes) and sponsors.

SNORTclown
October 14th, 2009, 06:48 pm
I'm thinking of commiting to the 4 event series.
Best of all the off road worlds.

I do not think you will be able to race for series points unless you qualify for the main event at KOH. so your whole season plans (if your trying for a championship) could be ruined after the first event. LCQ will be a tough race this year. Alot of stiff competition trying to get into the race. I think there is 1 qualifier left (pusu) but competing in a car that is designed for high speed against cars that are made for comp crawling (moon buggys which will not do as well in koh) will be hard to beat, and you will have drivers like Jesse Haines with rearsteer trying to prequalify to get in... It is going to be tough to try and plan this season with so much up in the air.

rkjplt1
October 14th, 2009, 07:45 pm
I do not think you will be able to race for series points unless you qualify for the main event at KOH. so your whole season plans (if your trying for a championship) could be ruined after the first event. LCQ will be a tough race this year. Alot of stiff competition trying to get into the race. I think there is 1 qualifier left (pusu) but competing in a car that is designed for high speed against cars that are made for comp crawling (moon buggys which will not do as well in koh) will be hard to beat, and you will have drivers like Jesse Haines with rearsteer trying to prequalify to get in... It is going to be tough to try and plan this season with so much up in the air.

Thanks for keeping it real, Debbie downer. :cwm30:

We're heading down to the PUSU event in Tuscon in December. You have to qualify in the same car you will compete in at KOH. So we should have a decent chance, I hope.

Not to toot my own horn, but we rocked the LCQ course last year numerous times prerunning for others. In an un-tested, un-finished buggy. Even if it's twice as hard, we still have a decent chance at qualifing.

Sure we might be underdogs, but that's what we like being and beating the pants off the favourites is a major reason in why I love doing this.

BTW, are you using your spot this year?

SNORTclown
October 15th, 2009, 11:01 am
Thanks for keeping it real, Debbie downer. :cwm30:

We're heading down to the PUSU event in Tuscon in December. You have to qualify in the same car you will compete in at KOH. So we should have a decent chance, I hope.

Not to toot my own horn, but we rocked the LCQ course last year numerous times prerunning for others. In an un-tested, un-finished buggy. Even if it's twice as hard, we still have a decent chance at qualifing.

Sure we might be underdogs, but that's what we like being and beating the pants off the favourites is a major reason in why I love doing this.

BTW, are you using your spot this year?

I have no spot this year. they want too much $ for my sponsor to cough up to give a vendor booth and racespot (10K) :eek: I am right with you and in the same boat. So we will be rubbing shoulders. From what Ihear the LCQ corse will be longer it just takes some of the time of prerunning the racecorse out of your week having to do it. It would be cool as hell to prequalify in pusu but looking at the field that will show I think it is not the best gig and more abouse on the car so lcq in my eyes seems to be path of least resistance. We shall see... Would be cool to meet up with you down there so be sure to come by.

rkjplt1
October 15th, 2009, 01:29 pm
I have no spot this year. they want too much $ for my sponsor to cough up to give a vendor booth and racespot (10K) :eek: I am right with you and in the same boat. So we will be rubbing shoulders. From what Ihear the LCQ corse will be longer it just takes some of the time of prerunning the racecorse out of your week having to do it. It would be cool as hell to prequalify in pusu but looking at the field that will show I think it is not the best gig and more abouse on the car so lcq in my eyes seems to be path of least resistance. We shall see... Would be cool to meet up with you down there so be sure to come by.

I think I'd like to dedicate the week to prerunning, judging from last year and only being down there once before, we're going to need to do alot of it.

We were camped right by you guys, with Bobby and Tina, last year. You seemed busy all week.....I'll just stop by this year and bug you. :cool:

DaveW
October 15th, 2009, 02:57 pm
Realistically with some of the names in the series I think we will just be aiming to finish mid pack in the series points. If we commit, I would take next season as a learning experience on truck set up and stuff for the years after.

Plus we will have been at 3 of the 4 events by the end of this year, so my as well go for them all next year.