My Truck was Stolen, Help with ICBC [Archive] - BB.BC4x4.COM

: My Truck was Stolen, Help with ICBC

Yotabeast
October 30th, 2007, 09:54 am
My truck was stolen yesterday from in front of my house :angry , probably by crack heads. It was a blue 88 toyota extra cab with a 3" lift 33" BFGs, a gray canopy and black wheels. I go into ICBC to see an adjuster tomorrow, I need any help or advice that I can get, so that I get fair value for my truck:anyone: . I understand they are going to try and screw me, I hope to get at least $3000 for it, but would rather the cops just find it.

Thanks Trevor.

d0ubledown
October 30th, 2007, 10:01 am
how do you know they'll write it off?

Yotabeast
October 30th, 2007, 10:11 am
If the cops don't find it, I have theft. So they will have to give me something.

brian468
October 30th, 2007, 10:41 am
pictures!

canucksafari
October 30th, 2007, 10:48 am
You have a while to wait before ICBC will consider it gone for good. The issue right now is does your insurance cover you for a replacement vehicle while you are without a vehicle. That's what I would be focusing on with the adjuster. In the meantime, start getting all your receipts together, pics of your truck, and ads for a comparable vehicle if your truck comes out gone for ever or to damaged. It doesn't hurt to show them trucks in the same year as yours which are advertised for $1000s more - even if your's doesn't have all the accessories or is in the exact same condition. It gives you more room to negotiate.

Bronco Boy
October 30th, 2007, 11:41 am
In the meantime, start getting all your receipts together, pics of your truck, and ads for a comparable vehicle if your truck comes out gone for ever or to damaged. It doesn't hurt to show them trucks in the same year as yours which are advertised for $1000s more - even if your's doesn't have all the accessories or is in the exact same condition. It gives you more room to negotiate.
:withstupid:

When my car was stolen I handed the adjuster (private insurance) my book of receipts and a photo album showing start to current pictures. Made my claim go a lot smoother. When my first Bronco was written off, I had to force ICBC to look at the info I had, and had to argue with them the value of the truck, even with Truck-Trader and Buy 'n Sell ads. They offered me a $6000 pay-out (I had bought the truck for $7250 one month earlier). They finally came up to $6300, but that was all I could squeeze out of them. I learned my lesson!

Once you are done with this claim, get private insurance if you meet their requirements.

Dan
October 31st, 2007, 07:54 am
If you're only looking for three grand you really wont have any trouble, thats a pretty minimal amount in their eyes.

Yota_Jay
October 31st, 2007, 10:58 am
ICBC will usually go around 3wks before they give you any money.

Make sure you have all the recepts for your mods. Tires, rims,shocks, canopy etc. etc.

Make sure you get what the truck is worth, not the blue book value.

sticki_niki
October 31st, 2007, 05:32 pm
you have 30 days, if its not found by then, then it will be considered a write off...

Cowgirl
October 31st, 2007, 05:47 pm
Make sure to talk to a lawyer... it scares ICBC... I really had a hell of a time with ICBC when they wrote off my truck.. they tried to screw me every way from sunday.... so i talked to a lawyer, and told them and WOW to my suprise 10 min later they called me back and I got what I wanted....

shorepig
October 31st, 2007, 09:13 pm
Does your truck have a hitch mounted on the back, and a canopy with some stickers on it...something to do with fishing companies? Do you have chrome nerf bars on it?? If this sounds like your truck, then I may have seen it parked in North Van at the Canadian Tire today around 2 pm.

Yotabeast
November 1st, 2007, 10:21 am
Well they found it, my deck, 6x9's, sub, amp, fog lights and switch, cell phone charger, handheld voltmeter, tow strap, deep cycle marine battery and radar detector are all gone. Now the fight with ICBC:finger_1: begins.

But at least I'm gonna get it back, time to take a bunch of pictures for next time.

westcoaster
November 1st, 2007, 04:59 pm
Well they found it, my deck, 6x9's, sub, amp, fog lights and switch, cell phone charger, handheld voltmeter, tow strap, deep cycle marine battery and radar detector are all gone. Now the fight with ICBC:finger_1: begins.

But at least I'm gonna get it back, time to take a bunch of pictures for next time.

Rule of thumb, if they needed a tool to remove it from your vehicle it would be covered.
If your 6x9's were tossed in the back seat and were attached to your sub with thumb screws. It would be unlikely they would be covered. If they were bolted to the floor where you needed a pair of pliars to take out, then they would be covered.

Tow strap, volt meter, cell phone charger, radar detector, deep cycle marine battery (unless bolted into the truck) All would not be covered....

Yotabeast
November 4th, 2007, 04:10 pm
all the speakers and amp were screwed or bolted down, and of course the fog lights, but you also need tools to take the battery out from under the hood.:cwm30:

Yota_Jay
November 4th, 2007, 08:10 pm
Rule of thumb, if they needed a tool to remove it from your vehicle it would be covered.
If your 6x9's were tossed in the back seat and were attached to your sub with thumb screws. It would be unlikely they would be covered. If they were bolted to the floor where you needed a pair of pliars to take out, then they would be covered.

Tow strap, volt meter, cell phone charger, radar detector, deep cycle marine battery (unless bolted into the truck) All would not be covered....

Its rediculus. Im paying BIG money to have full coverage, anything stolen should be covered. Stupid ICBC.

Bronco Boy
November 5th, 2007, 06:20 pm
Its rediculus. Im paying BIG money to have full coverage, anything stolen should be covered. Stupid ICBC.
You act surprised. This isn't new.

Yotabeast
November 7th, 2007, 06:48 am
Well just saw the estimator yesterday, my ignition and door lock are being fixed, I'm getting a new battery, fog lights, and all my stereo replaced, and if anything goes wrong with the drivetrain in the next 2 years they will pay for half the repair. For my $300 detuctible I guess that's not bad, didn't even half to argue at all.

snackdaddy
November 9th, 2007, 02:32 am
What ICBC version of permanetly attached

Permanently attached — fixed to a permanently attached part of the vehicle by such items as bolts, screws, cements, fluxes or heat. For attachment or removal, these items would require the use of wrenches, screwdrivers, drills, pliers, acetylene torches, blowtorches, steamers or solvents.

ICBC does not consider items to be "permanently attached" if they are attached only by such easily removed items as:

Velcro-type fasteners
Staples
Zip fasteners
Locks (other than those requiring keys or combinations)
Wing nuts
Wires
Snap fasteners
Suction devices
Hooks
Magnets
Buttons
Pins (other than cotter pins)
Pins (other than cotter pins)
Vice grips
Clamps
Chains which are permanently attached to the vehicle, or chains which are not permanently attached to the vehicle.

I want to get together with the redneck who considers vice grips a permanent attachment.