SIDEKICK LIFTS!!!!???? [Archive] - BB.BC4x4.COM

: SIDEKICK LIFTS!!!!????

SYCO
March 15th, 2001, 10:17 am
I need info on sidekick lifts that re available!! I'm looking for a complete kit that will provide 2-3 inches of lift (or more) and one that will not require to much cutting/welding. Has anyone lifted a sidekick before and have any advice/ warnings???

http://www.bc4x4.com/ubb/smilies/cwm43.gif

------------------
keep the rubber side down

Chet
March 15th, 2001, 11:42 am
Check out Calmini. they have all kinds of cool tracker/sidekick stuff. I think OME makes a kit as well. Pro-comp used to but I don't think it is available anymore.
http://www.calmini.com

------------------
IRC member
1986 radio flyer, red

kicker_92
March 15th, 2001, 10:35 pm
As Chet said, Calmini is a main one, and the other option is OME, a good source is www.rocky-road.com (http://www.rocky-road.com)

Not much out there besides those two unless you start getting pretty creative. Pro-comp has stopped producing their lift kit for some time not, and would probably not be the best option even buying used. Calmini's 3" system I think is a pretty nice setup. Expect to pay quite a bit whichever route you go with. Only really cheap option is about a 1" coild spacer and a body lift...

hope that helps...

Ryan Gates
92 Sidekick

SYCO
March 16th, 2001, 09:27 am
Thanks, that is helpful. I've seen what is included with the new Calmini "Combination 6 inch lift kit/body kit" and it seems the best way to go. How difficult is it to do a homemade body lift on a sidekick?? I am a relatively "creative" person and quite decent at welding/cutting ect. How high can you go without having to do serious modifications to brake lines, park brake, steering, shifter, ect.?? I'd like to kind of keep it simple if i can. Thanks! What's your ride look like Ryan??? I live in the Guildford area of Surrey and just wondered if i may have seen it around. Got any pics?

------------------
keep the rubber side down

[This message has been edited by SYCO (edited March 16, 2001).]

Chet
March 16th, 2001, 10:07 am
give skymfg1@aol.com an e-mail. His name is sky and he makes 1",2" and 3" body lifts for samurais, trackers etc. He is also working on putting all toyota running gear under a sidekick! He is in Oregon but is a good guy. I just finished installing some shock hoops for a samurai . Very beefy stuff

------------------
IRC member
1986 radio flyer, red

kicker_92
March 16th, 2001, 10:51 am
Originally posted by SYCO:
What's your ride look like Ryan??? I live in the Guildford area of Surrey and just wondered if i may have seen it around. Got any pics?

Umm, theres a old one under the Hut Lakes Round 2 trip report, bumpers are now black (and steel) and has 31" tires on it.

It just basicly a fairly high purple sidekick, you really can't miss it! lol I go to School at Kwantlen in Surrey, so am around that area all the time.

As far as how high you can go, that calmini combo will give you 6", but 3" is body lift. I'd personally rather just go 2", or even just 1" body lift instead. Personally I just don't like the look of a body lift, and see it as only a way to clear tires without fender trimming.

tzuzu
April 5th, 2001, 04:07 pm
i just got through getting the calmini 3" body lift installed . it could and should have gone much better. the worst part was their adapters to reinstall the stock front bumper, e-mail me if you want any details.
dan