Indoor shooting ranges? [Archive] - BB.BC4x4.COM

: Indoor shooting ranges?

Kellykins
December 18th, 2006, 12:25 am
I've only been to the Burke Mountain range, but since my Dad moved to South Van, it's too far for father/daughter hand gun time.

Any one been to the one in Richmond? Any good?

Other suggestions welcome for South Van area... One with an indoor range would be a bonus.

smac
December 21st, 2006, 10:53 pm
the only indoor range I know of is langley, short range for small handguns.

poco (burke mtn) is the closest range to vancouver. (open to public) with squamish likly being the 2nd (members only). with thompson mtn 3rd.

there are 2 possible indoor ranges comming in the future to the lower mainland, one in poco, and one on annacis island.

richmond range is shotgun only (skeet, trap etc)

Phoneguy Canuck
January 15th, 2007, 12:45 pm
Saperton Fish and Game runs a 22 only range in the basement of the Arenex at Queens Park (New West).

gavman
January 15th, 2007, 02:35 pm
Pretty much all of South Van is a shooting Range...No s**t
My street gets a couple of incidents a year alone. My wife is in Ireland right now with the kids because of it and all the other crap that goes on around here, last summer she passed two dead bodies whilst out jogging although she didn't see them at the time (heard about it later that morning on the radio).
Sorry to hijack...

Lone Ranger
January 20th, 2007, 01:02 am
hehe Wow, that's something I didn't expect to read: sending your wife and kids to Ireland because its safer. Depends the area over there, too, I know. I'm just being an ass..

I had a year membership here in Calgary at the Shooting Edge and they're all indoor. I have fired at several outdoor handgun/rifle ranges and am hoping to join Ridgedale in Abby soon, but my preference for handguns is indoors (especially in the FV with their unpredictable weather), but the 50 yrd indoor ranges for rifles kinda sucks for anything more than a .22 or 12 ga. I shoot around 150 yrds on average with my .303 Brit, and around 200 with my dad's .30-06. The pit up East Stave is one of our favorite for taking the rifles out to. LR

Suzkem
February 18th, 2007, 11:06 pm
I have also heard the indoor pistol shooting range in Port Coquitlam is going to be opening this spring.
I understand it will have 12 positions or lanes.

:omg:

Beast
February 19th, 2007, 08:33 pm
Saperton Fish and Game runs a 22 only range in the basement of the Arenex at Queens Park (New West).

What it cost to use the range there? Membership required or drop in/day pass?

clack
December 18th, 2007, 11:10 pm
an indoor range opened up in poco just off of the maryhill bypass on either coast meridian or broadway i can't remember which one is which. it is near a world gym at the north end of the industrial complex. it's in between pitt river and kingsway. it is awsome. it's not finished but it is open. it is $60 for a gun and a box of ammo, then just whatever ammo u use after that or $500 for a 1 year membership and then just discount ammo. they have a huge selection of guns to use. it is very well run and instructed. if i can find the address i will post it

Phoneguy Canuck
December 18th, 2007, 11:20 pm
What it cost to use the range there? Membership required or drop in/day pass?

Sorry, didn't see your question. A yearly family membership is something like $70.00. You can come twice for free. Adult night is Tuesday. Air Rifles Thursday PM and Sunday AM.

James

Kellykins
December 18th, 2007, 11:28 pm
an indoor range opened up in poco just off of the maryhill bypass on either coast meridian or broadway i can't remember which one is which. it is near a world gym at the north end of the industrial complex. it's in between pitt river and kingsway. it is awsome. it's not finished but it is open. it is $60 for a gun and a box of ammo, then just whatever ammo u use after that or $500 for a 1 year membership and then just discount ammo. they have a huge selection of guns to use. it is very well run and instructed. if i can find the address i will post it

Yes, please find an address! Nothing says Christmas Spirit like the smell of gun powder in the air!!

clack
December 18th, 2007, 11:33 pm
i can't find an exact address but i looked on a a map and it is right near the corner of industrial and broadway. there are a row of new buildings and at the end just b4 the fire hall is an older building(not that old) and it is the first unit near broadway thats the best i can do until saturday, i'm in a heli logging camp. if u need mmore info i'm going there sat and can get it all for u. email me big_dead_tree@hotmail.com on sat if u need anything more

Kellykins
December 18th, 2007, 11:43 pm
i can't find an exact address but i looked on a a map and it is right near the corner of industrial and broadway. there are a row of new buildings and at the end just b4 the fire hall is an older building(not that old) and it is the first unit near broadway thats the best i can do until saturday, i'm in a heli logging camp. if u need mmore info i'm going there sat and can get it all for u. email me big_dead_tree@hotmail.com on sat if u need anything more

So you can just show up, it's totally open to the public, right? My Spidey sense is telling me that my Dad, bro and I are about to have a target contest... And i know who I have my money on... ;-)

Lone Ranger
December 18th, 2007, 11:48 pm
What's the best indoor range close-ish to Abby in the FV for handgun shooting? I gotta pick up a another membership to get my other two handguns down from Calgary and I only have one in Merritt until the end of the month. LR

clack
December 19th, 2007, 10:41 pm
So you can just show up, it's totally open to the public, right? My Spidey sense is telling me that my Dad, bro and I are about to have a target contest... And i know who I have my money on... ;-)

just show up, give er ****. the hours aren't perminent yet as they are still under construction, but reasonable and getting better. just show up rent a gun and away u go. i don't think u can bring ur own guns but i'm not sure. they have a wicked selection though, even an uzi if u want

cambo
December 20th, 2007, 04:23 am
has any body been to the indoor range at west edmonton mall ? i think it is called wild bills. you pay a range fee ($18) when i was there and then you pay for your ammo...pic your gun! i shot my fav. glock model 19, and beretta. you can leave and come back later the same day and your range licence is still valid. we need this in the valley....plus you can bring your own hand gun there and use their range !!

Kellykins
December 21st, 2007, 04:44 pm
has any body been to the indoor range at west edmonton mall ? i think it is called wild bills. you pay a range fee ($18) when i was there and then you pay for your ammo...pic your gun! i shot my fav. glock model 19, and beretta. you can leave and come back later the same day and your range licence is still valid. we need this in the valley....plus you can bring your own hand gun there and use their range !!

Ya I was there last summer, but it was way more expensive then $18... I shot my first pistol there (9mm, I've only shot a .357 and a .44 before that, besides long guns I mean), but this time I'm going for a Glock... That's where I was shooting in my avatar, actually.

Kellykins
December 21st, 2007, 05:05 pm
just show up, give er ****. the hours aren't perminent yet as they are still under construction, but reasonable and getting better. just show up rent a gun and away u go. i don't think u can bring ur own guns but i'm not sure. they have a wicked selection though, even an uzi if u want

Is it owned by Smoking Gun Fx?

cambo
December 27th, 2007, 04:03 am
i think you will like the glock a lot !!

Kellykins
December 27th, 2007, 11:20 pm
Holy crap that was fun! (And expensive.)

I shot a Ruger (0.40 cal? I can't remember), Desert Eagle (that was CRAZY), and some other semi-auto thing with a laser sight (that was like cheating). I got awesome pics of major flammage with the eagle... They look pretty cool.

Thanks again for the tip off!

kro
March 19th, 2008, 11:07 am
What's the best indoor range close-ish to Abby in the FV for handgun shooting? I gotta pick up a another membership to get my other two handguns down from Calgary and I only have one in Merritt until the end of the month. LR

Abbotsford Fish and Game club has both indoor and outdoor ranges. They do IPSC training usually once a week if your looking for pistol shooting.

rattle
March 19th, 2008, 08:25 pm
Heres the link for DVC.

http://www.dvcindoorrange.ca/index.php?p=home

I haven't been there yet as I figure it would be WAY to expensive.

Kellykins
March 19th, 2008, 11:16 pm
Heres the link for DVC.

http://www.dvcindoorrange.ca/index.php?p=home

I haven't been there yet as I figure it would be WAY to expensive.

Ya, it is really pricey. And it's like Vegas, so you loose a lot fast! (literally up in smoke)

rattle
March 21st, 2008, 11:54 am
And you can only shoot factory ammo. Reloading keeps the ammo costs down.

The Survivalist
April 25th, 2008, 05:10 pm
Langley has a decent indoor range if that's the kind of thing your into.